Monday, June 11, 2018

Summertime Stress

I really, really want to be social. I have always felt bad during spring and summer. I love the warmth, since I freeze easily. But what makes me exhausated is when temperature changes too much. It gets too hot or too cold. Pressure changes and so. And the allergy reactions to blooming trees and flowers, puh. But also the social parts. Already in march, people start "so, what are your summer plans?!". I'm like: "summer?". In April, usually the employers want everyone to leave notice when they want their summer vacation. How can I know in April, what I want to do in end of July and August?! How can I possibly know how I will feel like at that time?

So now when it is officially summer and right now in Sweden it's super hot outside, people are more social than ever. It's bbq time all over the place and alcohol is placed on everyone's tables. I do not drink alcohol, I do not like drunk people. I do not like the smell of drunk people or alcohol other than using it for cleaning wounds. I love it for cleaning wounds, actually. Not to drink it. Ok, ok, I have to admit that some fine whiskey is good before going to sleep. A few zips can be really tasty. And to be used when having a sore throat. But that's it.

So all these things make me so tired and exhausted. People's plans for everything. A vacation of being home, reading and resting, is apparently not a valid vacation. My dream vacation is to rent a cabin somewhere and just stay there, laying in the hammock the whooole day long. Eating some good tuna salad and looots of fruits and good juices. And that's it. Take a walk in the forest or near the sea, take a quick bath in the sea. Sitting up in the evening, watching the sun go down, together with a loved one and a dog :). Playing some nice card game, listening to ambient or cosy music, watching some nice documentary on TV and then going to sleep pretty early. Repeat that every day for 3 weeks and we have a dream vacation.

Of course, I have dreams of travelling to Fiji. That's my dream vacation. But I see only the travelling as stressful here. While I am at Fiji, I want my little tree house near the sea. Give me some fruit to eat and sun block and then I am good to go for several weeks. Nature's healing power is amazing.

I am so tired now. I am so exhausted by meeting lots of people. I was going to go to the office today but there were no energy left when I woke up in the morning. Glad I can work from home. Tomorrow I might go there. I have a meeting I could run through Skype, but I think I will manage to go there and meet people and get some energy in. I hope.

I realize this post turned out more emotional than the other ones. But I like that - it's all connected however.

Any ideas how to regain energy after being too much social?

No comments:

Post a Comment